Are you advancing shared value through a new initiative, innovative research, or a unique partnership? Do you have expertise or insights on an issue, industry, geography or tool that will benefit those on the shared value journey?
In 2016, we are offering two opportunities to speak at the sixth annual Shared Value Leadership Summit on May 10-11 in New York, a global gathering of 400 cross-sector leaders who are reimagining business' role in society.
Shared Value Storytellers Competition
We are looking for concise, inventive content from talented speakers who also happen to be dedicated professionals exploring and progressing shared value within the corporate, nonprofit, or governmental arena. You will have the stage in front of a pivotal audience and directly contribute to the development of the shared value field.
Shared Value Lab Session Competition
(NEW THIS YEAR.) Lab sessions are a dynamic part of the Summit program, enabling senior-level practitioners in attendance the opportunity to engage deeply on shared value topics of particular relevance. Structured as collaborative workshops featuring select expert perspectives and interactive content, the labs have proven to be an integral part of our program. Now, we ask shared value practitioners who are on the cutting edge of design, implementation, partnership development, and measurement to submit proposals for content and leadership of these sessions.
Earn the opportunity to share your story of shared value with over 450 game-changing practitioners. Apply by January 8, 2016 to be a guest storyteller at the Summit.
To see how it's done, watch all 2015 winners here:
How can I increase the odds that I’m selected?
- Provide new perspectives on shared value from the field
- Illustrate how shared value can be applied and scaled to address a specific social issue
- Demonstrate how shared value is transforming a specific function within a company
- Highlight a new initiative that has introduced innovative products or services, reconfigured value chains, or enhanced the local operating environment in ways that simultaneously meet social needs and advance business objectives
- Deliver a unique story of shared value in an inventive format
Here comes the fine print:
- The speaking slot will be brief—10 minutes—and will occur before the marquee keynote sessions.
- Applicants must officially represent a company or organization working on a shared value initiative or program. Our goal is to highlight practitioners.
- Propose one speaker per application (no panels or groups).
- Submissions should highlight clear social and business value, either realized or projected.
- We encourage creative ideas and innovative formats for the Summit presentation. In-room audio-visual displays will be available.
- Finalists will be asked to discuss their concept over the phone with Shared Value Initiative staff to develop the presentation concept in the months leading up to the event.
- Storyteller presentations will be filmed.
- All Storyteller applicants will receive a code for a 20% discount off of the standard corporate rate to attend the 2016 Summit.
- If selected as a storyteller (one of four slots), you will receive complimentary admission to the 2016 Summit ($2300 value).
- Applications may be adapted and selected to appear as a case example in the Resources section of sharedvalue.org.
How do I apply?
Please apply by submitting your story here. You must be registered as a member of the Shared Value Initiative Community to apply. Though optional, you may send links to video of you speaking, an extended biography, or content related to your proposed presentation to Meghan Ennes, Community Coordinator.
New this year! Shared value lab sessions are run concurrently and last for approximately 2 hours. The labs are structured so that attendees can self-select into a high-interest session and directly engage in problem-solving or other collaborative activities with clear outputs and next steps beyond the Summit program. See examples.
How do I increase the odds that my session is selected?
In 2016, the Shared Value Initiative will give priority consideration to session proposals that:
- Offer a real-life challenge that can be workshopped by participants (real-life scenarios and hard questions, with a willing organizational representative who will solicit ideas and actionable advice from participants)
- Present topics that are applicable to a diverse community of shared value practitioners and have cross-industry/cross-sector relevance
- Are designed to allow attendees to actively participate (emphasize interactive activities over presenter-led content)
- Demonstrate diversity among the speakers as well as the organizations they represent
- Offer actionable outputs or outcomes (i.e., concrete opportunities for implementation, partnership, or other collaboration)
Please note: The Shared Value Initiative reserves the right to make adjustments or recommendations to final session designs, including speaker lineup, format and description.
Here comes the fine print
If selected to participate in the Summit, all session designers and presenters will be required to:
- Register for the Summit at a reduced rate of $1,000 (during early-bird registration)
- Be responsible for all individual travel and lodging arrangements / expenses
- Incorporate recommendations from the Shared Value Initiative into their sessions, such as diversifying speakers or increasing time for peer-to-peer interaction
- Invite and secure all presenters
- Plan and participate in two to three planning calls with each other and Shared Value Initiative staff
- Make session resources and/or slides available to the Summit team at least two weeks before the event
- Sign a presenter agreement (including photo/video release and intellectual property policies)
How do I apply?
Please apply by submitting your lab session proposal here. You must be registered as a member of the Shared Value Initiative Community to apply. Though optional, you may send content related to your proposed session to Meghan Ennes, Community Coordinator.