Tuesday, May 13 and Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Conrad New York
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. The Initiative connects global thinkers and practitioners who are exploring this new frontier in search of the best ways to realize its tremendous potential.
If you are interested in advancing shared value in your organization and networking with leaders in the field, this event is for you. The Shared Value Leadership Summit is the only event each year which hosts the most advanced shared value practitioners in the world. Held for the first time in New York, the event will focus on the role the investment community can play in advancing shared value. Attendees will learn the best practices to apply shared value at a company or organization. Leaders who attend the summit will learn how to champion it, execute on the ground, reorganize and implement the change process, and build stakeholder engagement and buy-in as a shared value intrapreneur.
Over two days, attendees will:
- Explore shared value in the context of the investor community with a preview of exclusive research by Michael E. Porter and Mark Kramer.
- Hear geographic- and industry-specific viewpoints from a panel of multinational CEOs.
- Discern the relevance of shared value to brand identity, loyalty, and engagement with the help of leading brand and PR experts.
- Sharpen their ability to identify and navigate best practices for successful cross-sector partnerships from organizations that are collaborating on creating shared value now.
Over 300 practitioners are anticipated for this event with multiple networking opportunities built into the agenda. Register now to join the community of shared value leaders in New York, May 13-14, 2014.
New Speakers Confirmed (read full biographies)
- Michael E. Porter, Bishop William Lawrence University Professor, Harvard Business School
- Jin-Yong Cai, CEO, International Finance Corporation
- Yoshinori Isozaki, President and CEO, Kirin Company Ltd. (Hear from Isozaki-san in the new Summit speaker interview series.)
- Jostein Solheim, CEO, Ben & Jerry’s
- Alan VanderMolen, Vice Chairman, Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
- Marc Mathieu, SVP Marketing, Unilever
- Arif Naqvi, Founder and Group Chief Executive, The Abraaj Group
- Steve Davis, President and CEO, PATH
- Tony O. Elumelu, Chairman, Heirs Holdings
- Jean Rogers, Founder and Executive Director, SASB
- Chad Spitler, Managing Director, Corporate Governance & Responsible Investment, BlackRock
- Jean-Michel Herrewyn, Senior Executive Vice President of Global Enterprises, Veolia Environment
- Stephen Kehoe, Head of Global Financial Inclusion, Visa
- Janet Voûte, Global Head of Public Affairs, Nestlé
- Beth Keck, Senior Director of Women’s Economic Empowerment, Walmart
- Mark Kramer, Co-Founder and Managing Director, FSG
The 2014 Summit will also feature speakers sharing their innovative models for shared value implementation. (Learn more and apply to become a Shared Value Storyteller.) The second day will feature focused afternoon tracks investigating areas of practitioner interest. Specific sessions include:
- Measuring the Link between Social and Business Value Creation: Lessons from the Health Field
Shared Value Partnerships: Lessons from the Extractives Industries for Other Sectors
Untapped Upside: Shared Value in Financial Services
Building the Workforce of the Future: Shared Value in Education
The Shared Value Leadership Summit is designed for senior-level corporate practitioners and leaders in government and at global nonprofits. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Shared Value Initiative Community to receive curated shared value updates and to exchange in discussions with peers.