Learn about the companies pursuing opportunities that tie business success to the prosperity of host communities and countries and learn what role your company can play.
- Anglo American eMalahleni Water Reclamation Plant: In a region of South Africa that faces severe drinking water shortages, the company saw an opportunity to use a byproduct from its production processes to deliver social and business value. Read Case Example»
- AngloGold Ashanti Malaria Program: When high rates of malaria among mine workers severely affected business, the gold mining company set out to tackle the disease in the community. Read Case Example»
- BHP Billiton Engages Local Suppliers in Chile: How the company developed its local suppliers to create cost savings for the business. Read Case Example»
- Chevron's Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta: Their collaborative venture aims to enable economic growth in the nine oil-producing states in this region. Read Case Example»
- Newmont Mining Corporation Apprenticeship Program: Newmont’s Ahafo and Akyem worker apprenticeship programs in Ghana deliver business value by creating a local workforce that can fill jobs that require high technical skills. Read Case Example»
These case studies are excerpted from FSG’s report, "Extracting with Purpose." To learn more, download the full report.