We are a global community of leaders who find business opportunities in addressing societal challenges.
The idea for a learning community devoted to shared value stemmed from initial success introducing the concept to corporate audiences at FSG, which helped launch the Initiative and continues to guide it. We realized that in order to take the shared value to a global scale, corporate leaders needed a platform through which new and experienced shared value practitioners could learn, connect, and evolve shared value practice.
In 2012, the Shared Value Initiative was launched as a Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action with the support of Mark Kramer, Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter, and the new executive director of the initiative, Justin Bakule, formerly a managing director at FSG. With shared value embedded in its corporate history and a strong consulting relationship with FSG, Nestlé signed on as the inaugural partner to fund the Initiative with Verizon, Mercy Corps, and the Rockefeller Foundation. Today, 35 cross-sector organizations comprise the leadership group for the initiative.
Sharedvalue.org curates research and insights generated by FSG’s client work, as well as contributions from the wider field. This platform is the go-to source for leaders who want to strategize, implement, or sustain a shared value initiative at their organization.
How is the Shared Value Initiative making a difference?
- 25 innovative partners from leading Fortune 500 companies.
- 10,000 shared value practitioners across all sectors learn by accessing community resources.
- 70 practitioners certified in 30 countries on nearly every continent.
- 400 of the most advanced shared value leaders gather each year at the Shared Value Leadership Summit.
Why join the Shared Value Initiative community?
- Stay current with the growing field. Get a first look at new research, case studies, and videos from the leaders making shared value happen.
- Gain access to essential research. Build your shared value foundation with more than 500 reports, infographics, and tools from FSG and other experts from the field.
- Learn from case examples. Be inspired by what others are doing and report your own results in our global collection of more than 50 crowdsourced shared value examples.
- Network with 8,000 practitioners. Search for potential partners in your industry or region using the member database.
- Get published. Tell your unique story as a featured contributor on our blog.
- Be invited. Receive exclusive invitations to events and other appealing offers for practitioners pursuing shared value.